Thursday, July 5, 2012

Salutes

Buenos noches!

In a few hours I leave for Honduras.  I will work for three weeks in an all girls orphanage in Puerto Cortes.  Here's the website if you want to check it out: http://eternalfamilyproject.org/.  I am a little nervous and VERY excited!!!

As I finish packing and preparing for my trip to Honduras, I feel an overwhelming sense of how blessed I am by the people in my life.  We have a custom at the school where I work to give salutes to each other.  Salutes are ways to thank each other and publicly acknowledge others when they go above and beyond what they are required to do.  I want to salute a few people who are supporting me and making this trip possible. I salute my parents who encourage me to pursue missions despite their apprehension of me traveling to a third world country.  I salute my dad and his wife for buying clothes and goodies for the girls at the orphanage.  I salute Amber for waking up extra early to drive me to the airport and staying up late to pick me up when I return.  I salute Josh for apartment-sitting for me.  I salute my parents, the Good family, Miss Lori, Mel, my parents, and my Caring Community Church of God family.  A very special thanks to my Commonwealth Chapel Community Group who not only prayed over me before leaving for my trip, but consistently poured into me over the past 3 years.  I'm not sure I would be at a place in my life to serve others in another country in this capacity if it weren't for their love, encouragement, friendship, prayers, and support.

If you're interested, send snail mail to:
Barrio Elporvenir
Calle Del Tanque
En Frente de Salon Chenel
Puerto Cortes, Honduras

Hasta luego!

1 comment:

  1. *Oops! I meant to say I salute my parents, the Good family, Miss Lori, Mel, and the CCCG crew for praying for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete