Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 7ish

Hola! I am still alive and well!  It was so good to hear from a couple of you via comments on here, emails, and FB msgs.  It is HOT here!  Yesterday was the first day I didnt go to bed with a headache.  Im not sure if it took a week for me to adjust to the heat or I was going through chocolate withdrawal.  (Allison bought us doughnuts with chocolate icing and I got my first chocolate fix yesterday!) 

Things here are weird.  You cant flush toilet paper.  Allisons computer is Spanish so I cant type an apostrophe.  There is a parrot with terrets (spelling) next door.  It yells hola and other random things all day. (Not ole, mom.)  They have scorpions and bats in the house.  Technology is slow here, so Im waiting until I get back to the states to post pics.  Nicole and Stacy would be proud of me...Im taking a ton!  The girls are obsessed with taking videos on it!


This week and next week Sherrilynn (Ive been spelling her name wrong, oops!) and I are holding a camp for the girls.  We do fun songs with them, teach them a Bible story, do relay activities, review math, make crafts, swim in the pool, etc.  I wish Tim were here to do all the fun Camp YoliJwa songs with the girls!  They would love you, Tim!  My last week here we are helping Allison and the girls move to a place two hours south of here. (Dont be jealous, Nate...I know how much you love to help people move.) Its by a lake and at a higher elevation so it will be a little cooler.  They really like a church there and would like to eventually buy property and build in that town.

Last weekend was a lot of fun.  I gave the girls the gifts my Dad and Tari sent.  Each girl got at least one article of clothing, a toothbrush, toothpaste, headband, and hairtie.  They were very appreciative and all wore their new clothes to church on Sunday.  Sunday we went to their church in the town where they will be moving.  Then we went to a water park there.  On Tuesday we went to the beach.  Unfortunately, it had lots of ants and was very rocky.

Im starting to miss running!  My flipflops broke, so all I have to wear are my asics.  I really want to run in them, but it would feel like running in a sauna. This morning we took a break from camp with the girls and did a body pump work-out with Allison.  Her sister is in the states and led us in a class via skype.  Lea and Jaclyn and Nicole would have loved it!  I kept thinking of you girls!

The girls here are so much fun!  We spend most of the day with 8 that are in elementary school.  They are beautiful, funny, lively, and a blast to play with!  Its been really fun getting to know them.  Their favorite time of the camp day is crafts.  They love to color and do the cross stitch that Dad and Tari sent down.  They love to swim too.  They have a small above ground pool in the backyard that they swim in in the afternoons.

Im not sure when I can write again, so no news is good news.  Between packing and keeping the girls entertained, I dont want to spend too much time on the computer.  Just know that I miss everyone and look forward to being back in the states in two weeks!

1 comment:

  1. This is Nicole, by the way. I think that the worse thing you said was that your flip flops broke!!!! How are you surviving?
    Sounds like you are having fun. You can run your little shoes off when you get back.
    Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete