Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Sweetest Place on Earth


It's true; Hershey really is the sweetest place on earth!  It produces chocolate, smells like chocolate, and actually has streets lined with chocolate kisses (on the street lamps).  The real reason I find it so sweet is because it is home to two of my dearest friends. 

I had the pleasure of eating dinner with Jodi and her family one evening this week.  Everytime I visit them, I feel overwhelmingly welcomed and loved.  She and her husband are wonderful hosts and their four children are entertaining, to say the least. ;)  Every evening they do family devotions.  The evening I visited, each of the kids prayed for me and my upcoming trip to Honduras.  I was incredibly humbled by their gesture.  Once the kids were in bed, we had adult time over Rita's Italian Ice.  All my fellow ice cream lovers need to listen closely...their chocolate custard is some of the best ice cream I've ever had!  DE-LICIOUS!










The next day I hung out with Angie and little Ady. We had lunch and shopped at the Hershey Outlets. We hit up all the baby stores looking at clothes for her soon-to-be baby number 2!  








My last adventure in Hershey was a trip to Chocolate World with Maranda and Seylah.  We rode "the ride" which explains how chocolate is made.  Seylah's favorite part is the singing cows, Maranda's favorite part is watching Seylah dance to the "Hershey's Chocolate" jingle, and my favorite part is the free candy you get at the end of the ride.  We used to go there often as kids and ride it multiple times to get lots of free candy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment